This Year’s NBA Finals was not a particularly memorable series. In honor of this years lack-luster finals we’ve came up with our list of the top 5 worst individual game performances of any NBA finals games..
Top 5 Worst NBA Finals Performances (Individual) Among all the games in the NBA (National Basketball Association) season, the NBA finals is considered to be the most exciting, jam packed, exhilarating and thrilling to watch. It is also one of the most profitable events in comparison to the other games for not only the players and the owners, but also for the number of gamblers and bettors who try to take advantage of the NBA finals to earn lot of money.
This is simply because NBA finals is the best part of NBA season where you can truly get your money’s worth, particularly if the group or team that will be playing in NBA finals is your favorite. These players are so close to obtaining a ring and this series is where players and coaches give their best to efforts to win that championship. This is the time when underdogs can become legends by defying the odds to achieve success. On the other hand, this is also the time where the favorites prove their worth and try to finish the job to cement their name in history. This is what makes betting around the NBA final odds lucrative and fun.
2017’s NBA finals lasted only 5 games and wasn’t very competitive. For every memorable moment produced on this grand stage, you can normally find one that many players and fans would like to forget. Below is a list of the top 5 most forgettable NBA finals performances:
Here is list of Top 5 Worst NBA Finals Individual Performances
- Golden State Warriors, Stephen Curry, NBA Finals 2015 – Even a shooter like Stephen Curry has his off night. In game 2 of the NBA finals in 2015, Curry was awful. In the second Game of NBA Finals (2015), Curry missed thirteen 3-pointers during the course of final NBA game, which is a record. This made it the most miserable shooting night of the 2015 league MVP’s career, and the worst 3 point shooting night in the entire history of the NBA Finals. (Top 5 Worst NBA Finals Individual Performances)
- L.A. Lakers, Kobe Bryant, 2008 NBA Finals 2008 – During 6th game of NBA Finals in 2008, Bryant totally failed to save the Lakers by shooting 7-22 from the field against the extremely tough Boston Celtics defense. Boston managed to outscore Lakers 34-15 in second quarter itself. Kobe Bryant might have played in many big games in his entire career, but this is definitely one, which he would like to forget. (Top 5 Worst NBA Finals Individual Performances)
- Seattle SuperSonics, Dennis Johnson, NBA Finals 1978 – This 7th Game of NBA Finals in 1978 proved to be a awful for Dennis Johnson. That 1978 NBA finals game changed the future of the great Dennis Johnson. Game 7 of the 78 Finals was the worst night for shooting in the entire history of NBA Finals, with Johnson literally going 0-14. Johnson would turn it around in the next year as the 1979 Sonics would win the NBA championship, and Johnson was named MVP of the NBA Finals, but 1978 was not his year; it was a bad year which he would like to forget. (Top 5 Worst NBA Finals Individual Performances)
- Cleveland Cavaliers, LeBron James, NBA Finals 2007 – The great LeBron James up until the NBA finals in 2007, Lebron was unstoppable. This would change in the 2007 NBA finals. During the first game in that series, Tim Duncan and Bruce Bowen held Lebron James to 14 points for 16 shots. San Antonio would go on to sweep the Cavaliers as this may be the lowest point of Lebron’s career. (Top 5 Worst NBA Finals Individual Performances)
- Boston Celtics, Ray Allen, NBA Finals 2010 – During the 2nd game of NBA Finals in the year 2010, Ray Allen shocked everyone with a record breaking eight 3-pointers, but his efforts were quickly forgotten. In the 3rd game, he was able to score first point only after 42 minutes. He went 0-13 in that game missing eight 3-pointers, which resulted in the worst ever playoff performance by a Boston Celtic. (Top 5 Worst NBA Finals Individual Performances)