I know you want to cry because summer is almost over. But, please don’t.
I promise fall will be just as lovely.
Summer in Manhattan is fabulous. Quite fabulous and I’m sad to see the summer go but I love the change of seasons and I couldn’t live without it. I’m excited for fall but not ready to take off my flip flops just yet. So, to keep you in the summer spirit for a few more weeks, I present my End of Summer Rainbow Swiss Chard Salad with Hemp Seeds. It’s quick and easy to make and super duper tasty. Let’s chat about what’s inside this dish, shall we?
Come on in.
If you make this recipe, come show me and post a picture to your social media account and tag me so I can take a look! I love seeing your creations on facebook, pinterest, instagram, twitter and google plus.
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why I eat organic: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into 1 inch florets
- 1 head Rainbow Swiss chard, finely chopped leaves and stems, ends trimmed
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 honey crisp apple, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp. hemp seeds
- ⅓ cup well-stirred tahini
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup or honey
- Juice of 1 large orange
- Pinch ground cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Steam the broccoli in a steamer basket in a medium pot over medium heat on the stove top for 5-7 minutes or until the broccoli is tender. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled off broccoli, Rainbow Swiss chard, arugula, cabbage, cucumber, apple, tomatoes, basil and hemp seeds.
- In a small bowl, combine the tahini, maple syrup, orange juice, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper; whisk to combine and drizzle over the salad. Gently toss to combine and serve immediately.
from Eat Clean | Love Life Again http://ift.tt/2wbtwtP